Thursday, August 6, 2015

Waiting

There is a crystal hanging in my bedroom window. Unmoving, it dangles there minding its own business, and most of the time there is no light coming to shine through it.
As I walked into this room a few minutes ago, I discovered several dozen "rainbows" littering the walls. The floor seems to be on fire with freshly laid gems and the ceiling is glittering with color.
This says so much to me about waiting. If it had been a human being, the crystal could have easily said, "I'm tired of hanging here, I'm going to go find some light so I can produce a little glory!" not knowing that its time to shine was oh, so very near.
How grateful I am that it was hung months ago, because now there is  beauty scattered in this normally bland corner of my house.
Be encouraged while you wait, something good is coming!
"And let us not grow weary in doing well, for in time we will reap, if we do not give up."
Galatians 6: 9

No comments:

Post a Comment