Sunday, November 14, 2010

Something This Cat Has

I have a bunch of animals. Too many, in fact.  The gobs and oodles of hair floating throughout my house attest to this fact. This feline fuzz and dog dander presents itself in my baked goods, on my windowsill, and under my couch. It tenaciously clings to the legs of every piece of furniture on my wood floor. I am often embarrassed as I see white clumps clinging to the undersides of my departing guests. (Should I yell, "Wait!  Let me roll your butt real quick, my cats are leaving with you!" or is that too personal?  Someone tell me, please.)

Yes, far too many animals.  
This entry is about Baby.

IS HE NOT GORGEOUS?

Why, you might ask, are you writing about your cat?  Because there is something about him that I want to have.  

Almost every time I get really comfortable, especially in the morning or at night, Baby is right there.  Not a foot or two away, but right THERE.  In my space and on my lap.  His purr resonates like a soft roar, and he makes it clear that being where I am is his priority.  I like that.  Of course, I love all my animals, but Baby simply demands a response.

What if it's like that with the Lord?  I know He loves us all the same.  He says so in His Word.  We oftentimes think of devotional duty and we try hard to pray and maybe even subconsciously are motivated to earn spiritual brownie points.  

I can promise you Baby is not trying to earn brownie points, he just loves being with me, and he demands a response.  


Don't you just want desire for Him to be what motivates you when you come to Him?  

I do.  I believe it is what receives a response.  Yes, just to be with You.




1 comment:

  1. although i am NOT a cat fan... that was a beautiful tribute to the character i also long for! thanks for the inspirational thought Patti!

    ReplyDelete